The Annual Fund is the single most important fundraising initiative at the school each year. As do most independent schools, Science, Language & Arts International School relies on contributions from our community to sustain the innovative and vibrant programs that make our school unique. Gifts to the Annual Fund directly support the operating costs of the school, helping keep our lights on, our bookshelves full, our teachers respectfully compensated, and our tuition affordable.
Donations at every level support our community in concrete and impactful ways. For example:
- $25 will buy a set of paintbrushes
- $75 will buy butterfly eggs and items for raising them
- $100 will buy a microscope
- $500 will fund a class trip to a sustainable working farm
- $1,000 will sponsor a faculty member to attend a conference
- $10,000 will buy bookshelves and tables for ten classrooms
- $25,000 will provide tuition assistance for a family in need of financial aid
We welcome and appreciate gifts of all sizes and we strive for 100 percent family participation each year. High Annual Fund participation is a testament to the strength of our community and encourages greater support from outside donors, such as individual investors, corporations, and nonprofit grantors. We are proud to have achieved 100 percent participation in the Annual Fund and are humbled by the generosity of our families.
SLA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the law. Our fiscal calendar runs July 1–June 30. For questions related to fundraising at SLA, or to support our fundraising initiatives as a volunteer, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.